The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) is now accepting applications for the Environmental Quality Incentives Program (EQIP) as part of the Regional Conservation Partnership Program (RCPP).
Applications are accepted on a continuous basis and eligible applications are approved upon applicant readiness. To apply for this opportunity, producers should contact their local USDA Service Center before the application evaluation period ends.
NRCS EQIP assists producers who voluntarily implement conservation and management practices that aim to improve the conservation elements of their agriculture and grazing lands.
RCPP Kansas priorities are:
- Soil Erosion: Wind Erosion
- Water Quality Degradation: Nutrients in Surface Water
- Water Quality Degradation: Nutrients in Ground Water
- Insufficient Water: Inefficient Use of Irrigation Water
- Plants: Degraded Plant Condition
- Fish and Wildlife: Cover/Shelter
- Fish and Wildlife: Water