The deadline for 2019 enrollment in ARC/PLC programs is right around the corner on March 15. As of February 3, 2020, only about 21% of Kansas farms have elected and enrolled into ARC or PLC so far. USDA FSA understands that Kansas producers may prefer to wait and watch prices before selecting the best option for their operations. However, FSA currently has a lot of producers to assist in an increasingly short period of time.
- There currently is no late-filed procedure for 2019 enrollment, so if a producer does not make a 2019 election and enroll by March 15, 2020, they will be automatically ineligible for 2019 ARC or PLC payments. With market downturns and weather disasters still top of mind, it is imperative that FSA enroll all producers who wish to be eligible for protection through the ARC/PLC program. For more information, see the following link provided by FSA: https://www.fsa.usda.gov/
- Additionally, the K-State Agricultural Economics Department has provided resources to aid in decision making. Such resources are available at the links below:
- The 2018 Farm Bill page, found here, includes the OSU-KSU Decision Tool and instructions for use, as well as the ARC/PLC tradeoff tool and its video explanation.
- More resources from K-State Department of Agricultural Economics:
- Additional decision-making tools available: